Friday, February 11, 2011

The Decapitated Sippy Cup

Today was one of those days. I woke up and decided I couldn't live in the mundane. So, I dressed the girls as quickly as I could, leaving their shoes off (I put those on after they are buckled into their car seats). I gathered diaper bag things after I had loaded them into the car so I did not waste too much time.

The grocery store was to be our first stop, but I forwent that plan and headed to Panera Bread for chocolate milk and cinnamon crunch bagels. I just couldn't resist! The girls loved the blueberry muffin that I also bought. Between the three of us, we finished off the muffin, bagel, and cream cheese. Oh, and the chocolate milk. It was such a restful breakfast knowing that I wasn't going to be the one cleaning up crumbs and milk puddles off the floor and table. A nice break on this Friday morning.

I loaded the girls back into the van still not wanting to make a grocery run. As I backed out of my parking spot, I felt a clunk clunk. I got out to make sure I had not run over the stroller or something else that I may have forgotten to load. When I leaned out the car door I saw it. It was a sippy cup and it was decapitated. The top was perfectly severed from it's bottom side. A small slit was made in the top where it separated from its mate. I laughed when I saw it, thinking, "thank goodness it was a $2 sippy." But I was also disappointed because I lose or misplace about one sippy per week. I need a line in the budget just for sippy cups!

Anyways, we never made it to the grocery. We went to Peek-A-Boo Playtown and then stopped by Sonic for lunch. I spent more money than I wanted, but some days it's better to get out of the house. I feel refreshed after today's break from the norm.

The girls are sleeping right now. I finished cleaning the house as quickly as I could so that I could sit, relax, read, and blog. I'm so thankful it was just one of those days!

No comments:

Post a Comment