Monday, December 13, 2010

Baby steps and conversations

Evie is engaging in conversations. At night, she recalls each part of her day. Last night she told me about the day. First she said, "Ride bus, church mama!" I said, "Yes, Evs. We rode the bus to church. She said, "Mama, music!" I proceeded, "Yes, Evie. You sat with Mommy and Daddy in the Christmas program and listened to 'Happy Birthday Jesus'!" Evie then said, "Fun. Bebe, Poppy's, fun!" I said, "Yes, fun at Bebe and Poppy's and a good nap there too!" She follows with, "More snow, Mama!" And I finished it with, "Yes, little Evie! There was lots of snow today!" Lastly she says, "Jesus Loves Me Dis I Know, Twinkle Twinkle, ABCDEFG.... sing Mama, sing!"

Baby steps are Eden's sole focus! She is determined. She now takes her baby steps running. She isn't playing anymore, she is ready to go! She also tries pulling up onto the couch or ottoman with me and Evie. I place her on one of them with us and then she immediately kicks her little legs around and practices getting down by herself. As soon as she successfully reaches the floor with her toes, she gives me the biggest grin! Love!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment