Monday, December 13, 2010

HAPPY BIRTHDAY EVELYN ASHLEY

 HAPPY BIRTHDAY EVELYN ASHLEY

Friday and Saturday we celebrated Evie's 2nd birthday. She was 2 on December 10th. It felt like my birthday waking up to see her excited about her birthday. And I guess in a way it is my birth-day. I did give birth on that day!
So, Grady and I woke Evie up singing "Happy Birthday". She was singing it with us. We took her downstairs to eat her birthday cake for breakfast that I made the night before in a ramekin. She blew out the candles before we could begin singing "Happy Birthday" again. I wrapped her little chair that goes with her table and she opened that. She was so excited to sit in her chair and eat her cake. It was magical.

Daddy rented Toy Story 2 for Evie to watch on her birthday morning. So, me, Eden, and Evie watched Toy Story 2 while we finished breakfast and got ready for the next birthday celebration. We met my dad, Courtney, Stockton, and Renley at Cracker Barrel for a birthday brunch. Evie had so much fun with her cousins. She loves being with them and often starts talking about them saying, "Mama, Stockton fun. Channing fun. Gavie Ann fun." She lets me know that she has "fun" with them.

Evie and Eden had "birthday naps" and then woke up to Grandma coming over to bring Evie her birthday gift. Gigi also came by to see the birthday girl. Evie was super excited about her new Elmo book that Grandma brought her. It's such a gift to be on this side of life enjoying the good gifts that I see my daughter receive. It's a small glimpse of how the Lord must feel when we receive the gifts that He gives to me.

After Daddy got home, we went to our favorite hamburger dive "Rotier's" downtown. We ate so much and Evie loved every bit of it. Finally, we ended our very fun day with a trip to the Opryland Hotel to see lights and Christmas decor. Evie and Eden enjoyed it. Evie was amazed by everything she saw. She pays attention to details and to people. I can already see a love for others and wanting to reach out to others. If we are at a restaurant or out in public places, she immediately starts waving and saying hi and telling strangers about her sister or what we are doing. My mom tells me that Evie reminds her of my sister (who never has met a stranger in her life). I love that about my sweet Evie. She is outgoing and full of life. I am so thankful for the wonderful 2 years that we have had with her. Our prayer is that the Lord would give her a heart for Himself, a long life filled with her affections being placed in Himself.

 Evie and her Cousins Stockton and Gavie Ann. Gavie Ann and Evie are identical cousins! "They laugh alike, talk alike, you would lose your mind, cause these cousins are two of a kind" Hehehe!

Below is the party I made for Evie. It did not fit very well so she only wore it for a few minutes.


Here is Evie's cake. It is a Dora the Explorer cake gone really really bad. I made a chocolate organic cake twice. The first one fell apart coming out of the mold. The second one was great, but I messed up the food color and was too stressed to get it done. So, as you can see, the Dora the Explorer cake turned out to be a really interesting pastel with the writing done with black icing. It was a sad cake day. I was disappointed with how the cake looked. It did taste delicious! 

 Three of Evie's cousins: Renley, Wade, and Wes

Three more cousins: Adelynne (whom we cannot see because she has her backed turned towards us), Aubrynne (holding onto Adelynne), and Gavie Ann (right)


Aunt Chandra holding Eden in this picture. Eden looks a lot like her auntie!

 Evie with three more of her cousins: Zoe, Jackson, and Madelyn (from L to R)

 Evie with her Poppy, Zoe, and Madelyn

 Evie opening her Dora microphone

Evie opening up her ballerina skirt

Saturday was her birthday party. We had 32 family members over for pizza, cake, and ice cream. There would have been 40 family members if a few more had been able to come to the party. It was a lot of fun! Evie ate pizza, she was able to play with her 13 cousins. She has 14. Cohen was not here to play. And she excitedly blew out her candles 3 times as we sang happy birthday again! It was a wonderful party and I felt so blessed by it. I know that Evie's cup was filled with love from her family.

No comments:

Post a Comment