Monday, November 7, 2011

Emmaline is here!

I'm sad I havent blogged more in the past few months. I barely have time to brush my teeth much less jump on the computer to write down a few moments about life at this stage.

Emmaline arrived on October 5 at 1:12 a.m. She weighed 7.15 and was 21 inches long. I went into labor at 12:30 October 4 but did not realize I was in labor. I picked the girls up from school, my niece from Poppy's house, and went home. I was having contractions 15 to 45 minutes apart. At 5:30 I got a little concerned when I couldn't go up the stairs without stopping and sitting down during the contractions. Thankfully, Grady made our dinner. We sat down to eat dinner at 6 and after dinner I put Eden down for bed. She was a mess that afternoon and needed to go to bed early. Gavie Ann had a soccer game at 7 so I packed up Evie and Zoe to go to the park to watch. I went to get my mind off the contractions. I was still thinking it was false labor. By the end of the game I had to close my eyes and grip my chair arms tight to get through the contraction! I put Zoe and evie in the car after the game. As we were about to pull out of the parking spot, I had to scream a little during a contraction. I still thought it was false labor. We made it home (only 2 minutes from the house) and while putting Evs to bed I began having them so strong that I had evie go downstairs to get daddy. At 9:45 they began coming 10 minutes apart. I laid in bed for the next hour. We decided to go to the hospital at 10:45. When I got there at 11:30 i was dilated to an eight. I was taken up to labor and delivery. Mom and Courtney came in and there was little time to decide on an epidural. I progressed quickly and was at a 9 by the time I got up to the fourth floor. Mom and Court helped me to decide not to do the epidural. I pushed for about 30 minutes. It was the hardest thing I've ever done! I had Grady open up his pandora app on his phone and put it on enya station. Then I changed my mind. I needed some P&P. So we went to Matt Redman. I don't remember the music but I do remember squeezing my mom's arm so hard that I think I bruised her. I remember rolling my eyes at everything Grady said. He was great.... I just couldn't handle any noise except for my own screams through each contraction and pushing. I felt like I would die at each one. Dramatic, I know. Finally, after 5 sets of pushes little Emmaline made it out. I was greatly relieved and exhausted! I couldn't stop shaking. I shook for an hour and didn't hold her for a while.

She came out beautiful and absolutely perfect. I had wanted to do natural childbirth but was too afraid to do it on my own. This was such a gift. I'm thankful for my naïveté in thinking I was in false labor. I'm thankful the Lord gave me grace to do it. I loved the experience. I recovered so much easier. And I think this is our last baby so to get to experience delivery this way was incredible!

Emmaline has been my easiest baby yet! She is calm and laid back. She is a great sleeper! I'm very grateful for her! I'm in love all over again.

Evie and Eden are adjusting. Today was hard. Evie calls her " my baby Emmawine". Eden calls her "baby". They all want me to hold them at the same time. Sigh... This is the hardest part.

Evie is:

Almost 3 years old
Talks all the time
Is desire and opinionated
Likes to put on 10 outfits a day
Eats very slowing
Loves princess anything

Eden:

Almost 2 years old
Is a lot more gentle with Emmaline than we thought she would be
Has a hard time apologizing when she wrongs me, Evie or Grady
Loves to love
Eats her plate of food and will eat everyone's leftovers!
Has a potbelly

Emmaline:

Likes to eat, sleep, poop, and listen to her wild sisters
Smiles at her Daddy the most
Smiles at Momma
Loves looking at the ceiling fan and shadows
Loves to be in the moby wrap
Sleeps great in the car

I love having 3 girls. I feel a little psycho and probably am in need of some therapy right now but life is good and sweet. I feel blessed, overwhelmed, exhausted, and glad to be where we are!

No comments:

Post a Comment