Monday, January 17, 2011

Deep Dark Chocolate

Deep Dark Chocolate Pudding Cake is what I'm baking right this moment. It was put together between holding Evie and Eden, a doctor's visit, a prescription drop-off, and lunch. The girls are sleeping soundly upstairs. I managed to throw the cake in the oven before I put them down for their naps. Aww! Chocolate for me in 7 minutes and 15 seconds!!!

Evie is amazing me with her sentences. She shouted from the back seat yesterday, "Let's do this thing, baby!". Grady and I were caught off guard and couldn't stop laughing.

Eden is walking almost as well as her big sister. She plows through the toys, Evie, and anything else in sight. She has no regard for her own safety, and much less for others. She's always been a wild baby, throwing herself backwards in her crib. She has a chipped front tooth as evidence to her bucking behavior. I was so sad when that happened, but it characterizes my little wild one!

Grady got the report back from the colonoscopy last Wednesday. He was diagnosed with ulcerative colitis. At first, I felt like our world was imploding again. But, as the days have gone on, I feel an incredible amount of grace and hope. I am so hopeful that the Lord is using this to turn our course in the direction that He has for us. One of privilege and purpose. I'm thankful for the way He is carrying me through.. There is a sweetness to this stage of life. I have to stay focused on Him to taste it. And unfortunately, I don't always stay fixed where I need to be, but there is an ebb and flow to that sweetness that keeps me afloat and running back to taste more.

No comments:

Post a Comment