Sunday, January 30, 2011

"I Stuck Me!"

"I stuck me, mommy! I stuck me!" is what I hear come out of Evie's mouth 20 to 30 times a day. Her language is evolving and this sweet phrase means that either she is stuck or that she can't get something that she wants. Two weeks ago it was "I stuck" and today it is a funny and lovable "I stuck me".

My grandmother's chicken and dressing casserole, sweet corn bread, cool whip jello, and poppy seed salad was on our birthday menu today. We celebrated Poppy and Bebe's birthday's today at our house. All the cousins and siblings were here. The time was sweet and felt like an Easter celebration in lieu of a late January birthday bash.

The weather was a glorious 65 degrees. The past two days have spoiled us rotten and I think if it changes back to the freezing temperatures that we've experienced this winter, I'll be very sad! I have always loved warmer weather. Having young children makes me long for it all the more! Coats, hats, strollers, and the winter do not mix very well for me!

I tried to stick some chicken into Eden's mouth during lunch and she said, "na na na naaa..... no!" She shook her head and looked at me like I had tried to shove an aspirator up her nose! I was a proud mama! She gave me a clear no! I loved hearing it come out of her mouth. Another developmental milestone! I'm sure I will get weary of hearing the "no's" coming from her, but I'm very thankful that she is growing and learning so well! My sweet little EE!!

No comments:

Post a Comment