Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Slow Cooker Curried Chickpeas and Chicken....

Except I forgot the curry and used tomato paste instead of sauce... oops!

I don't like to follow the recipe exactly when making a meal, and a lot of times I don't pay attention to the details in the ingredients list! This drives Grady crazy. He likes to follow the cooking instructions to a tee and gets annoyed with my lack of detail in cooking. I just realized, as I was pulling out the ingredients for this recipe, that I forgot to pick up the curry at Whole Foods. I was planning to run by Trader Joe's to get the curry, but didn't make it to TJ's for lack of energy (I had both girls with me). Instead of curry, the chicken is seasoned with garlic, poultry seasoning, liquid smoke (this may be disgusting!), and onion flakes! I did soak my chickpeas according to the recipe.

 I really hope it's a hit (as this week I am trying all new recipes)... Hmmm, I wonder if Grady will like! I'll find out in 5 hours:)

No comments:

Post a Comment