Thursday, March 10, 2011

9 Weeks Along

Our ultrasound gave us the due date October 8th. We were shocked at how far along I am. The baby turned 9 weeks in utero on Sunday. I feel okay for being this far along. With the girls I couldn't step foot in the grocery store or open the frig without dry heaving. This time around is characterized mainly by an upset stomach every 2 to 3 days. It's not pleasant but it's much easier to cope. It makes me think that this babe may be a boy! And just writing that scares me a bit.

I read a study on mother's who have multiple boys. It found that with each male pregnancy, the mother had less testosterone to give. Therefore, the youngest boy in the family had less testosterone. I just wonder if it applies to girls in utero as well? Do I feel less sick because I gave a lot if my extra estrogen away to the girls? Am I carrying a girl and it's just easier because of that possibility? Random thoughts... just trying to think through why I'm not feeling so sick.

I think grace plays a major role in this pregnancy. I'm tired, emotional, unmotivated, tired, and did I mention extremely emotional. I have been crying over Disney commercials. You know the ones where they have actual families filmed having their Disney experience. And then they say, "this is where their sisterhood turned into friendship" or something like that. I'm crying writing it. This is just how weepy I am. But I feel so much more motivated than I did while preggers with the girls. I guess having 2 little ones to wipe, feed, and nurture keep me off my booty!

I'm getting more excited about having a baby in the fall. My goals before the baby gets here are to potty train Evie and to teach Eden how to feed herself using a fork and spoon. She's using a spork right now. Ha! Well, I should say she was using a spork. She is now covered in yogurt and has been using her hand while I slipped out of the kitchen to go potty! What a hot mess!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment