Wednesday, March 23, 2011

No Room for Mistakes

When you are 11 and half weeks preggers, there are just no room for food mistakes. Each meal must be chosen to precisely fit the taste buds of mama and baby. Otherwise, there's a lack of satisfaction.

Last night Grady had a business meeting and didn't come home til late. I settled for leftovers, but not until I had the girls down and could eat in peace. The night before I had made a feast: Barbecued chicken, Mac and cheese, green beans, and mashed potatoes was the menu. My eyes are bigger than my belly for now so I made way too much and had lots of leftovers. I tired to eat it but it wasn't what baby wanted:-) After Grady returned home I realized that I wanted what he had, Demos'!!! A locally owned restaurant that serves the coldest salads, the best dinner rolls, and some mean chicken salad:-( Food never sounds or tastes better than during pregnancy for me.

So, here's my plan. I drop the girls off at Gigi's tomorrow afternoon, I recruit Grady or another willing soul to go eat lunch with me at Demos'! I really hope it hits the spot. It will have been a 36 hour food craving by the time I get there tomorrow! I hope every bite tastes as good as I have been dreaming it to be!

No comments:

Post a Comment