Saturday, March 19, 2011

Hypnobirthing

Brittany came on Thursday morning to help. After she left I took the girls to mom's and I headed to Barnes & Noble (my favorite place to retreat when alone). I picked up the book Hypnobirthing.

My epidural with Eden was traumatic. It took 3 attempts to get it in. I didn't take in my right side leaving me in pain. As a result, I feel as though my back has become weak an it hurts a lot! So, this past appointment with my OBGYN I asked her Bout natural childbirth and if she would deliver me if I chose that route. She said yes and had a Vandy student with her that had birthed 2 babies via Hypnobirthing.

The book has been so interesting and educational. My next step is to sign up for a class. My mom birthed me at home with a midwife. She was quite the hippy back in the day. If she can do it, I think I can too (I really hope I can)!

My main reason in trying this method of birthing is to avoid hurting my back any more than it does already.

No comments:

Post a Comment