Wednesday, March 2, 2011

And then there were...

THREE!

I couldn't believe it. I woke up at 3 am on February 15 feeling so nauseated. At first I thought the Mongolian food had done it to me. Then, 15 hours later, I realized It wasn't mongolian beef but a little bit down in my belly! The pregnancy test has never been so positive. The dark blue line was darker than the last 3 pregnancies I've had! So, here we go! Another 10 month adventure with our newest family member!

Since my first pregnancy was ectopic and quite difficult to dissolve, I'm always somewhat nervous until I have the first ultrasound. It took 5 months to make sure that the first pregnancy was terminated through a series of chemotherapy treatments. It was such a difficult process, but looking back I see God's grace through that period carrying me. I'm glad I didn't have little ones during that time. While the experience was heartbreaking, I'm thankful for the extra longing it gave me to want to be a mama!

I can't wait until morning! We get to meet our little kumquat on the big screen:-) And I am exciting about the next 7 1/2 getting to know this little life that will be dancing around in my womb! Evie is already lifting up my shirt and talking to the baby! She says, "Hi baby! Whada doing?" she's going to be my little mamacitasfor! It will be fun to see the girls react to the belly growth!

I am somewhat apprehensive about having 3 so close in age. But thus far, the Lord has given me so much grace and peace that I can already see how he will provide strength and courage to take on one more! Lately, I've been so tired and a little sick, but not likinwas with the girls. Some days are harder than others and so far I've been able to grocery shop and cook. I'm craving Lebanese food (chicken tawook to be exact... Mouth watering). Now, I just have to get to the Lebanese restaurant or learn to make that dish! Awe... Pickles, pizza, Greek salads, and balsamic vinegar are my top cravings until now! I ate a whole jar of dill pickles yesterday! Man, they were Delish! Food has never tasted better! I'm grateful for some incredible cravings!!! Bring them on little one!

4 comments:

  1. CASE!!!!!!!!!!!!!! So happy for you!!!! Oh I can't wait to hug your neck! Congrats, sister!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats, Casey!!! So happy for you! Will be praying for you! So, does this mean no swimming lessons...???? LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you Jess and Anna!
    We are so excited too! Surprised but excited!

    Anna, I'd love to do swim lessons! I might do some for older kiddos that don't need as much assistance. Kids that can touch the 3 ft and that I don't have to carry too much!

    Jess, sorry I never got back to you about the photo shoot! I'll call you friend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations, Casey!! How exciting! :) SO happy for you and your sweet family. Will be praying for you.

    xo!

    ReplyDelete