Friday, March 18, 2011

"Momsie"

This week I have been "Momsie". Evie came up with this term of endearment for me. On a regular basis she will come up to me, hug me, and say, "I love you Momsie". It melts my heart and makes the good, bad, and the ugly of being a stay at home mom wall worth it!

The good: 3 hour naps during the day with my girls. The bad: tantrums in every public place I have been to this week. And the ugly: my cries for some sanity in the moments or sometimes hours of those tantrums!

"They say" raising kids is the hardest job in the world, well this week it's felt like 3 of the hardest jobs at one time. I'm spilling out the not sO pretty side of my heart in motherhood. Im trying to take the advice of the little girl from Veggie Tales' Maddam Blueberry. And it is "a happy heart is a thankful heart". I hear it almost everytime we take a ride in the car and it is a lesson I need to hear over and over. My stubborn heart forgets how to be thankful and takes for granted to the simple blessings and joy there is in parenting.

I'm thankful Eden is really starting to talk. Yesterday while playing outside she yelled, "Evie, where are you?" It was in her tone of voice and wouldn't be recognized as those words by anyone but me! Still, it was her looking for her sister. That made my heart happy!

And these were my random thoughts for this week:-)

No comments:

Post a Comment